[development] drupal.se for sale

Sean Robertson seanr at ngpsoftware.com
Thu Jan 3 16:01:51 UTC 2008

My opinion of cybersquatters is not fit for print.  If I had my way,
what he's doing would be completely illegal.  If there's any way Dries
can sue his ass for trademark infringement, I think he should.  That guy
has no right to profit from the Drupal name and holding the domain
hostage like that is totally disrespectful to the community who's
software he's (still!!) using.  What a f***ing schmuck.

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> The owner of the domain offering it for sale is Carl McDade, now known
> as Hiveminds.
>
> Carl had some friction with the community back in 2004 or 2005 (Can't
> remember). You can check the development mailing list archives for details.
>
> On Jan 3, 2008 9:16 AM, Thomas Barregren <thomas at webbredaktoren.se
> <mailto:thomas at webbredaktoren.se>> wrote:
>
>     Dear fellows,
>
>     I was deeply choked to find out today that the domain the Drupal domain
>     in Sweden -- drupal.se <http://drupal.se> -- is for sale for €25,000
>     EUR, that is
>     approximately $36,730 USD!!
>
>     See http://groups.drupal.org/node/7948 and