[development] Fileshare module development

Greg Knaddison greg at pingvox.com
Fri Jan 11 19:10:18 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 3:53 PM, Ian Macdonald <imac at gn.apc.org> wrote:
> However, the fact that the project has been removed from drupal.org is
> disappointing, as we were planning on continuing to use the module.

This isn't the normal or optimal solution that the security team
chooses and it was only done after a lot of work and debate.  The
module is still available from CVS, but something had to be done to
take a module with a vulnerability out of general circulation.

> Does anyone else have plans to continue to use the fileshare module and
> contribute to its development? This is certainly something that we would
> be interested in.

Yes, there are others who have expressed this desire.  Please contact
the security team http://drupal.org/security-team  It would be helpful
if you could include your drupal.org username in that email.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison