[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jan 16 00:04:02 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 6:45 PM, Greg Knaddison - GVS <
Greg at growingventuresolutions.com> wrote:

> If we want to do this we need more options:
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 9:13 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> > - MySQL MyISAM
> > - MySQL InnoDB
>  - MySQL - Multiple engines
> > - PostgreSQL
> - Both MySQL and PostgreSQL
> - One ore more of the rest MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2
>
> But to what end?  If we find out (what we already know) that
> PostgreSQL is the tiny minority what do we gain?

Quantifies it.

Those who want PostgreSQL to continue, either have to put in the effort to
test things (from your issue) or cough up the money for it.

Complaining about theories and such is not helping.

Michelle already pointed to this http://groups.drupal.org/node/6164 which is
sufficient.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin