[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Jan 15 23:45:25 UTC 2008

If we want to do this we need more options:

On Jan 15, 2008 9:13 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> - MySQL MyISAM
> - MySQL InnoDB
 - MySQL - Multiple engines
> - PostgreSQL
- Both MySQL and PostgreSQL
- One ore more of the rest MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2

But to what end?  If we find out (what we already know) that
PostgreSQL is the tiny minority what do we gain?

All that I would really like is for the PostgreSQL people to help with
testing.  We have a critical issue sitting with a patch for days and
very few people are helping (Daniel is awesome for doing this, btw).
The page[1] Karoly linked in his thread-starter is a wiki so that
anyone can add issues to it.  Please, add issues to it and also track
how often they actually get a review.  To me that is more important
than whether or not PostgreSQL is in use in general.

[1] http://groups.drupal.org/node/6980

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison