[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jan 15 23:13:25 UTC 2008

I support chx's proposal, don't let PostgreSQL hinder the development cycle.

But, every time we have this discussion, we get people talking theories but
no concrete data.

We here about Drupal must be database agnostic, down with monoculture,
...etc. Which is all good.

What we are missing is how many real world websites use Drupal AND
PostgreSQL, how big these sites are, how many contributed modules are being
used, ...etc.

I propose a poll with the following options on it:

- MySQL MyISAM
- MySQL InnoDB
- PostgreSQL
- other

With comments enabled so we get at least some sampling of what is out there.

Some data is better than no data, so let us get it.