[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Jan 16 01:33:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:51:21 -0500
"Ken Rickard" <agentrickard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm with Killes on this one, somewhat grudgingly, but I came around
> after the last debate on the topic.

> I now do all my Drupal development on pgSQL.  Then I run code into
> production on MySQL. Think of it as a development "best practice"
> on the order of simpletests.

I already do all (very few exceptions indeed) my development on pg but
on 5.X.

I've installed 6.X on pg too but at this moment I'm not in a position
I can build up an environment that fit with drupal dev infrastructure
and learn how to interface myself with the dev community so to be
able to collaborate more actively to patch stuff.

Missing the knowledge to contribute in an effective way and knowing
the state of affairs related to pg, that makes hard to apply any
banal patch to pg unless you know some Saint
http://drupal.org/node/198233
http://drupal.org/node/107824
still not fixed in 6.X beta2 (don't know if it got fixed later)
I think I'll get out of the cave no sooner than mid February.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it