[development] HTML in node titles for D5

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 17 16:27:58 UTC 2008

Quoting Yuval Hager <yuval at avramzon.net>:

> I am just curious why the nyobserver site hacked core and not used a cck
> field.. (reading through the comments in that thread I see some reference to
> this challenge - http://drupal.org/nyobserver#comment-228510)

I don't know, I can guess they didn't want to add the extra overhead.
The core title filtered through the check_plain function which removes
html in the title.  You could write a hook_nodeapi [1] function in a
custom module to repopulate it before it is saved to the DB.

[1] http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_nodeapi/5

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/