[development] HTML in node titles for D5

Yuval Hager yuval at avramzon.net
Thu Jan 17 16:09:27 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008, catch wrote:
> Yuval wrote:
> >Exactly, I need HTML *inside* the titles.
> >
> >Your idea sounds simple enough - but don't I lose anything by not really
>
> using
>
> >the core title field?
>
> You lose some performance, but afaik no more than any other cck field +
> small module so it should be quite negligible overall. The New York
> Observer site used html inside titles, and gave some information here:
> http://drupal.org/node/141187, although it required a core hack iirc.
> Automatic node titles has come up as a solution quite often.

Yes, I guess the right way would be to replace the title with a CCK field +
auto_nodetitle.module.

For the sake of archives, I would like to clarify the original question - it
had nothing to do with theming or css - just with HTML tags in a title,
like - 'Hello <em>world</em>'.

I am just curious why the nyobserver site hacked core and not used a cck
field.. (reading through the comments in that thread I see some reference to
this challenge - http://drupal.org/nyobserver#comment-228510)

--
Yuval Hager
[T] +972-77-341-4155