[development] How to start new module

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Jan 18 13:57:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 9:38 AM, Marolijo - Pol maresma <marolijo at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hello, I'm a newbie on module development...
> I readed the Module Creator Guide, but I need to do a special thing and
> don't know where to start.
>
> I need a simple module to make a csv (or xml) of a content type with cck
> field, including images.
>
> I tried Views Export but doesn't work with images. (i need to put the image
> url on the csv)
>
> Can someone tell me where to find a guide on how to do the selectes on the
> database, and how to output a file to the browser on a specific path?

Instead of doing this from the ground up, what about collaborating
with Views Export developers? You know most modules came into their
current state because others contributed and did not start their own
little thing when they needed the functionality. Seems like Views
Export is already there for you and does most of what you need.

Gabor