[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Rafael Martinez r.m.guerrero at usit.uio.no
Sun Jan 20 00:32:16 UTC 2008

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2008 6:39 PM, Andrew Fountain <af at loveintruth.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, that is a worthy cause, but there are differences:
>
> - This is open source, not a commercial entity with lots of funding. People
> scratch their OWN itch. Someone else can scratch another itch. If, as a
> consultant, I deploy Drupal on MySQL exclusively, should I use PostgreSQL
> in-house just to side with the minority, or focus the limited resources I
> have on what matters to clients?

Hei

'The minority' is something I am hearing all the time. Do we have
numbers that can give us any statistics about the amount of systems
using drupal and postgresql? Because I suspect that they are not as few
as some would like them to be.

--
  Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero at usit.uio.no>
  University of Oslo, Norway