[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 20 02:46:40 UTC 2008

> 'The minority' is something I am hearing all the time. Do we have
> numbers that can give us any statistics about the amount of systems
> using drupal and postgresql? Because I suspect that they are not as few
> as some would like them to be.

This is what we have. You can see it is quite a minority.

http://groups.drupal.org/node/6164

Even if the above data was not available, and PostgreSQL is a majority, it
it is still a moot point.

Every year, we have a new maintainer, then he disappears. I don't think we
even have one at present.

The fact that it is a challenge to get people to test and push PostgreSQL
patches
through the patch queue is the big hindrance.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.