[development] A new way to administer Drupal

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jan 20 22:51:00 UTC 2008

> Interesting. I tried this out. I really like the whole idea of collecting
> things in a block to  have some sort of access to on an unrelated page. I
> noticed how you can use this to move menu items about, I'm just unsure
> why it would be more useful then the current drag-and-drop system in
> /admin/build/menu.

Try the current system with a couple (hundreds of) thousands menu items and you will see :D

> I cannot see any use for the "Path .." radio button.

Because I have not coded any other button in there :) though I might.

> I'm wondering what you envision this module better enabling someone to do?

Any time when you need to administer things which are one in a huge lot, it's very useful. Administer path aliases when you have a million of them. Create node references. Etc.

About collections, that's a different usage than what I envision here.

Screencast ... I could create one, sure.