[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Hannes Lilljequist hannes at perrito.se
Mon Jan 21 21:19:51 UTC 2008

21 jan 2008 kl. 20.49 skrev Jean-Michel Pouré:

> I am only arguying that if you were developing Drupal
> on PostgreSQL, it would solve the portability issue.

This is a good point. But there is also MySQL's "strict
mode" (STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, STRICT_ALL_TABLES, ANSI etc.):

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-sql-mode.html

If all developers enabled that we would probably avoid a lot of
portability issues. However I wasn't able to find any information
about it in the developer's docs. I'm not so familiar with these
things myself so I'm hoping someone else could add a few lines about
it. Anyone?

/Hannes - zoo33