[development] mentions in commit messages

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Jan 30 13:08:16 UTC 2008

Howdy Core Contributors (and aspiring ones),

I spent some time yesterday compiling one measure of "how many
contributors helped with Drupal6".  There are many ways to measure
this. I chose to look at the people that were mentioned in the cvs
commit messages.  Thankfully, Gabor and Dries are particularly
consistent in the way that they make their commit messages (following
the cvs commit message template[1] ) which makes this task fairly
easy.

The full data and technique to get the data are detailed in the
Marketing Group of groups.drupal.org[2] but in summary 272 people were
mentioned as having created or tested the patch with the following
people as the top 10 (probably nobody is surprised by #1):

User	Patches	Rank
chx	141	1
pwolanin	87	2
Goba	67	3
dvessel	60	4
keith.smith	55	5
webernet	48	6
webchick	47	7
JirkaRybka	41	8
catch	38	9
bjaspan	36	10

Gabor seems to be reviewing/committing several patches per day
recently, so there is still some time to move up in the numbers (or
down). Re-rolling and reviewing patches in the current queue may get
your name on the list or perhaps put you in the top 10 glory spot
before Drupal6 is released ;)

Regards,
Greg

[1] http://drupal.org/node/52287