[development] Future 6.x release schedule?

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Thu Jul 10 20:58:01 UTC 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Jim Li wrote:
> But even so, without a release schedule, it's sort of hard to plan
> my time or soliciting help on certain critical 6.x issues.

I would have to recommend that if you are aware of critical issues in
Drupal 6 that the time to fix, or help is always now. An issue won't
take more time to fix now or later, and it does help people that
follow 6.x-dev.

I have always wondered if when a branch is closed out, such as 5 will
be when Drupal 7 is released, if a final release will be made made
wrapping up any unreleased commits to that branch. For a while I
assumed that would be the case, but I realized that I've never found
that documented anywhere.

-Mike

Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net