[development] Panels nearly at RC/ready for port, BUT

Sam Boyer drupal at samboyer.org
Mon Jul 14 06:31:08 UTC 2008

Hi fellow devs -

If you've ever wanted to help with Panels - now's the time!

As of tonight, I've crossed off (very nearly) all the items on our list
of todos before releasing Panels2 RC1. However, we want to leave -dev
basically as-is for the next week, just to be sure, before we officially
release RC1. So for all you excellent folks who've said "just let me
know how I can help!" over the past few weeks - well, here's how you can
help!

1. We need folks to put -dev through some paces in production-like
settings - so if you have a heavily panels-based site and could drop the
DRUPAL-5--2 branch of Panels onto a test server and poke around with it
for an hour or so and let us know of any problems, that'd be VERY
helpful.

2. I've got two issues tracking the status of important Panels issues:
one is must-have patches for RC1 (http://drupal.org/node/281934) and the
other is potentially worthy issues that we don't have time to get to
right now (http://drupal.org/node/281829). If anyone feels like
hunkering down and working on rolling some patches/testing existing
patches in any of those issues, it'd be great.

The other important thing that Panels2 RC1 means is that Earl and I are
now both actively working on the D6 port.

Just a heads-up :)

Sam