[development] transferring session info across login event

Joe Murray joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz
Mon Jul 14 17:37:17 UTC 2008

I have a use case where anonymous users can do a bunch of work, and then at
the end request to save it, which requires logging in (and possibly also
creating an account). The login event regenerates the session, and so far as
I know 5.x does not provide a hook that can be used to copy info from the
old session into the new so that it can be saved in a way that is associated
with the correct uid. I suppose such a hook so would open up lots of
security issues. Still, this is the second time I've confronted this sort of
an issue, and I don't know the correct design pattern to handle it in
Drupal. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Joe Murray, PhD

President, JMA Consulting

@ The Centre for Social Innovation

215 Spadina Ave, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M5T 2C7

416.466.1281, (416) 644-0116 (f)

 <mailto:joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz> joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz

Skype: josephpmurray