[development] Scour.com invite from Sambasiva Rao

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Fri Jul 18 12:07:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 22:49 -0700, Jason Flatt wrote:
> With as little time as people have to do the important tasks, like
> database,
> server and search optimization, I think it would be a bad idea to try
> and
> moderate this list.  I get far more spam from my d.o account than I do
> from
> this list.

How about setting the list so that each new subscriber's first post
needs moderation, but subsequent posts don't? That's what I do on public
lists I admin, and it works well with minimal moderator attention. If
their first post is spam, you drop the subscription and delete it. If
not, then you clear the moderation flag and let them run free.

Scott

--
Syscrusher <syscrusher at 4th.com>