[development] howto about git and drupal modules maintain

Jeff Griffiths anisotropic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:02:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Richard Burford
<rich at freestylesystems.co.uk> wrote:

> CVS is a pain, especially for beginners like me but I feel, since it's
> necessary for Drupal I just have to get used to it.

CVS seems to still be around simply because no-one is willing to
tackle the problem of going to svn or something else. Some other
projects are moving away from CVS:

Mozilla => Hg
PHP => SVN

IMHO Drupal could move at least to svn as it is much simpler to learn
than CVS and has better tools for people that want to use things like
git, hg or bazaar. D7 would have been a good point to do that but it
doesn't seem to be a priority for core.

Jeff