[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Jul 31 18:43:47 UTC 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Lyle Mantooth wrote:

> I know what I should do, but I don't know if that's what I did.

Then get in the habit of running "cvs status" a lot. ;)

As I wrote in my handout about release management[1], before every
cvs commit, you should run:

cvs diff  # is this the patch and only the patch i mean to be
committing?
cvs status  # is this the branch i mean to be committing to?

ditto, before every cvs tag, you should run "cvs status"...

cheers,
-Derek (dww)

[1] http://drupal.org/files/maintain-release-handout.pdf