[development] lightbox module comparison

Stella Power stella at stellapower.net
Tue Jun 3 15:12:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

There's quite a few modules in Drupal which provide similar but different
functionality.  I maintain the lightbox2 module and frequently get asked
"what's the difference between lightbox2 and module X?"  So I've finally
created a doc comparing the various "lightbox" type modules available in
Drupal (lightbox2, thickbox, shadowbox, .....).  The doc is available at
http://drupal.org/node/266126 for anyone who may be interested.

I'd really like to see more comparisons done on modules which share similar
functionality.  I think it would be quite useful to see such a comparison
before downloading all the modules and trying them out one by one,
especially for newbies in the Drupal community.  Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Stella