[development] Drupal 6.2 theme system standalone

Matt Galvin mgalvin at simplifiedcomplexity.org
Fri Jun 13 16:59:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Earnie Boyd
<earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Excuse my harshness in this but why should I really care about your fork of
> the Drupal theme engine to another CMS?  This list is about coding for
> Drupal and I don't see how what you have is about coding for Drupal.  What
> you have posted is about using pieces of Drupal in other software which
> isn't quite what I think this list is for.

In general (not to target you directly in any way) there is not really
an excuse for harshness in email. You have time to think and write
polite and respectful words. If you don't want to sound harsh, don't
be harsh.

Drupal is open source. Anyone is free to use it for what they wish as
long as they share their derivative work. He is sharing his. It may
not be useful for you but it might be for someone. Among other things
Drupal takes PHPTemplate and builds on top of it for theming. What Bob
is doing is not all that different.

While it is not about Drupal development itself, it is about using
Drupal's code base which might be relevant to any Drupal developer
even if only to say that he tried something that he thought was
possible and is making it work. You never know what may come if it (or
anything on or around Drupal). It is nice to at least hear of these
things so we are aware of them, IMHO.

Thanks for sharing Bob.

Best,

Matt