[development] Code freeze?

Jerad Bitner sirkitree at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:23:48 UTC 2008

Agreed on the later code freeze, and I definitely think next summer is not
unreasonable. Coming from an in-house shop with large installations who are
struggling to get a D6 upgrade still in the works almost solely because D5
might not be supported (okay the cooler features of the framework are a huge
incentive to the devs) it's slightly intimidating to think that there
already be a code freeze on the next version of Drupa when we *might* have
D6 upgrades done by the end of October. Many modules have still not caught
up (mine being some of them) making it very hard to get full platforms up to
speed with D6. So yes, many reasons from an in-house perspective to have
longer development periods. +3 (taking into account my colleages aren't on
this list but feel the same).