[development] Bug in profile.module for new users

Matt Connolly matt at cabinetuk.com
Thu Jun 26 13:23:49 UTC 2008

I've discovered a bug that is manifesting itself in the
"profile.module" when new users are created via my remote
authentication module.

My module calls user_external_login_register,
which calls user_load
which calls user_module_invoke with $type = "insert"
which calls profile_user
which calls profile_save_profle
which calls _profile_get_fields
which calls user_access

And this is where the problem is. The user is still being created, and
calling user_access creates a bad sql query and presents a whole bunch
of warnings to the user when their account is created.

Attached is a patch, which removes the problem. But I wanted to know
whether the problem is really in the profile.module
(_profile_get_fields) or in the user.module (user_access) ??

Any thoughts?

-Matt