[development] Code freeze?

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 26 13:36:47 UTC 2008

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> If people are supportive to the idea of pushing back the code freeze
> date, I'll write up an announcement.

I agree that there is still considerable resistance to D6, so let's not push
D7 so hard.

However, there is a side note to this that I would love to see more heavily
pushed: I am still getting module issues related to PHP 4 (even 4.3) and
MySql 4.  And the users are saying they don't want to push their hosts to
upgrade. I really would like to see a lot more emphasis on getting hosting
companies ready now, rather than later.

In every issue I have where infrastructure releases may be involved, I point
out the need to upgrade. But I seem to be the only one who is pointing this
out to them.

It's going to take some hosting companies a while to get updated, so we need
to be pushing this now - even for a first of 2009 roll-out.