[development] Code freeze?

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Thu Jun 26 14:54:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 14:03 +0200, Wim Leers wrote:
> Here's another confirmation of that seemingly unified sentiment. It
> seems to me nobody has had enough time to *really* start working
> with
> D6. I also still have to port several relatively popular modules,
> and
> for me too, they are a higher priority than contributing to D7. So,
> I'm also for a delay of the code freeze.

Likewise for me. I've been so busy converting my company's internal-use
modules (customized for our accounting environment, not useful to the
community) that I'm behind schedule on my GPL modules. They're in work,
but not yet done. Luckily once I'm done with the internal ones, my boss
says I can do the GPL ones on company time as "independent R&D work".

I've found Drupal 6 to be a really terrific release, and would be happy
to see it remain current for a while as we work on an equally terrific
and compelling D7 behind the scenes.

Better a fantastic release in 18 months than a pretty-good release in
12, in my opinion. +1 for delaying the freeze.

Scott

--
Syscrusher <syscrusher at 4th.com>