[development] Resetting Drupal's menu cache

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Jun 27 14:58:03 UTC 2008

In Drupal 5, just truncate cache_menu.

In Drupal 6, you do have to visit the modules page, or go to the Performance page and hit the clear cache button.  I tend to find the latter works better.

That said, it sounds from your message like you're editing a core module directly.  *Do not do that!*  In Drupal 6, use hook_menu_alter() to change the weight of a menu item.  Then you can just hit the cache clear button and it will rebuild the menu index.

--Larry Garfield