[development] code review for the "pivots" project

Daniel Xiaodan Zhou danithaca at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 00:48:22 UTC 2008

Hi all,

We are working on the "pivots" project as an attempt to give module
recommendations. The idea is to display on a module page the related forum
conversations and related modules that are referenced in the same
conversations. We think it could provide some useful information for users
to decide whether to download a module or how to use it.

The "pivots" system has been enabled for D.O. site maintainers and CVS
account holders. More details can be found here:
http://drupal.org/node/265450

We are about to deliver it to all interested D.O. users. And we hope to get
some code reviews from the community to improve code quality.

The code is published to CVS: contributions/modules/pivots4do

Or, for a quick browse, you might go to the following links.
PHP:
http://danithaca.pastebin.com/m798c291d
http://danithaca.pastebin.com/m2ea9911a
Java Indexer:
http://danithaca.pastebin.com/m1b147b25
http://danithaca.pastebin.com/m53f9621b
http://danithaca.pastebin.com/m592c46ec

For a short description of the architecture and security concerns, please
refer to:
http://drupal.org/node/265450#comment-884264

Your comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
Daniel