[development] reverse selection of node types is clumsy

Dave Fletcher fletch at splendora.com
Sat Mar 8 18:32:56 UTC 2008

On 3/8/08, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> Great.  Then your module has the same problem as comment module, where I have
>  to go disable comments on every frickin' node type except for "forum" just
>  because my client decided they wanted forums at the last minute.
>
>  Inverted options are a PITA, even when spread out to separate node type forms.

Yes I completely agree that enabling certain things by default is bad
mojo. My points were that a) this is what some core modules do for a
solution already, and b) at least they're all in the same place.

Abolishing inverse selections altogether is preferable, but not very
enforcible in third party modules. A style guide that strongly
recommends against the practice would be idea. I'm not volunteering
though, got way to much on my plate already :-)

Cheers,

--fletch