[development] reverse selection of node types is clumsy

catch catch56 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 8 19:13:40 UTC 2008

OK to clarify what I meant for an admin option - every node type is "opt in"
when you install a module. But there's a check box that says "enable x
automatically for new node types when created". Then we have the same UI
pattern, but if there are security/privacy issues with a node_access module.
That means no reversal of logic, just one additional checkbox per form.

I'd really like to see this standardised across both core and contrib - at
the moment you can't even tell in advance if a setting will be in a content
type fieldset or on the module's own admin page (for example taxonomy
vocabulary vs. comments).