[development] reverse selection of node types is clumsy

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sat Mar 8 20:37:29 UTC 2008

On Mar 8, 2008, at 12:15 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> That's true if you want to build an entirely-OG site.  If you want to
> OG-enable just part of your site, for selected node types, then it
> becomes a
> liability, not a feature.

Agreed.  That's exactly what I meant here:

On Mar 8, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Derek Wright wrote:

> Granted, this is a somewhat obscure case, and it's probably best to
> optimize the UI for the common case.

I'm just wanted to point out a use-case that's related but hadn't
been mentioned in the thread yet, so that as people are brainstorming
about possible changes, we have all the different cases in mind and
at least have an answer (if not a solution) for each of them.  The
answer to this use-case might have to be "sorry, that's an edge case,
and we're going to optimize for the common case", which is a totally
legitimate answer.  I only wanted to make sure it was on the table
for consideration, that's all.

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)