[development] releases, recommended/supported changing automatically on release creation...

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Mar 11 07:21:09 UTC 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 6:38 PM, Earl Miles wrote:

> this isn't an after-the-fact complaint

Indeed, that part of the message wasn't directed at you, which I
tried (and failed) to make clear by including you in the list of
people who seriously contributed to the release system. ;)  I
remember clearly that you were advocating for 3 digits, and I
remember being sympathetic to your views (pun intended), but I do
think it would be too much complication and confusion for 99.5% of
the cases.

Sorry my message came across the wrong way, I've just had an
exceptionally bad week for personal reasons, and all the flack being
generated after I rolled out the latest changes on d.o hasn't been so
easy to take.

-Derek (dww)