[development] drop tasks for Drupal students

Steven Peck sepeck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 05:55:44 UTC 2008

http://drupal.org/getting-started/5/basic

There are a whole heck of a lot of one page write ups on basic content
management in drupal that could be done.

How to create a category (hierarchy - disabled / single /disabled)
How to configure comments
How to configure default content type behavior
How to set a node as default front page
How to set up a category list (like the default front page) and alias
and link it in the menu
How to create a page-front.tpl.php
How often cron.php should be run....   What cron.php does....

There are a lot of basic Drupal set up tasks that could be written up
from people to link to them.  There are a lot of things that we now
take for granted, so you should have someone set it up and write down
any question they have following the install portion of the getting
started guide maybe?

This section (http://drupal.org/getting-started/5/install/configure)
is essentially a basic overview on setting up your site.  It is very
very basic.  It is designed to have you visit the different /admin
areas

I have been sick since the con and computer monitors to bright for
long, so there are some responses to other threads that will be slower
then I'd like.

Steven