[development] releases, recommended/supported changing automatically on release creation...

Heine Deelstra hdeelstra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:01:55 UTC 2008

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>> I believe we should make this a moderated list, ie each message needs to
>> be approved before sent. Basically, only announcements, no discussion.
>
> If the latter is agreeable, we can use simplenews instead of mailman
> which would make a cronjob based maintenance script possible.

I'm all for having an announce only mailinglist for CVS account holders. The security team
could use this list to announce potentially far reaching changes to certain APIs.

It being announce-only will prevent it turning into yet another PHP-for-dummies mailing
list and messages getting ignored as a result.

Heine