[development] releases, recommended/supported changing automatically on release creation...

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Fri Mar 14 16:51:07 UTC 2008

I didn't really want to just 'me too' this idea, but it is a good
idea. I especially like the idea of keeping in moderated and low
volume. One possibility to handling discussion could simply be to mail
out a link to an issue when a change is proposed, so that discussion
could happen, and in a more centralized place. IMHO that ought to put
an end to the "but you never told me" syndrome with major enhancements.

-Mike

On Mar 13, 2008, at 8:24 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> Count me as +1 as well.  That's a very targeted list of users that
> really should get certain announcements; presumably they'd be rare
> enough that making it mandatory for CVS account holders is not a
> huge issue.
>
> Also, some mailing lists send out monthly "list rules" reminders.
> If we had such a CVS-account-holder list, we could easily send out a
> monthly "CVS rules" email with pointers to the quickstart guide,
> where to go with problems, etc.  That way, Derek can (hopefully) get
> back to coding.  If some people need to be reminded repeatedly about
> it, let's do the smart thing and have a computer beat them over the
> head for us. :-)

Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net
http://mikeyp.net