[development] module duplication in Drupal contrib

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Mar 19 20:16:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:32:50 +0100
"Daniel F. Kudwien" <news at unleashedmind.com> wrote:

> Recently, I've seen a third cause for duplicate projects:
> New/novice Drupal developers who do not seem to check contributions
> for already existing projects - or - developers who wrote a custom

I wrote my own code in spite of installing already made modules
because it took less to write code than understand what the module
really did or compare it with modules with similar functionality.

There are "established", well documented or just too big to be redone
in a couple of days modules. With smaller modules sometimes choosing
takes more than writing.

BTW thanks to the people that pointed out http://drupalmodules.com
Reviews and "related modules" are a nice addition.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it