[development] Advanced DB features

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 2 13:13:57 UTC 2008

Quoting Ken Rickard <agentrickard at gmail.com>:

> Earnie-
>
> (I work for one of those corporations.)
>
> But that 100 ms latency would only affect non-Drupal data being pulled into
> the application -- say an inventory database housed in Connecticut with a
> web app server in Georgia (actual example).

I would give away too much to explain in detail but we store 100K rows
of usage data in any given minute.  The account holders can review
those rows real time including months of history.  The set of data is
too large and too sensitive to store on the web server.  Just one
example.  Lots of data everywhere.  I can't think that any of our data
is actually sitting on the web servers except for internal use sites.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/