[development] User last access

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 2 20:41:19 UTC 2008

Quoting "Daniel F. Kudwien" <news at unleashedmind.com>:

> This happens in user_save(), see
> http://api.drupal.org/api/function/user_save/5
>
> thus, would require a patch for Drupal core

You mean
<?php
    // Consider users edited by an administrator as logged in, if they haven't
    // already, so anonymous users can view the profile (if allowed).
    if (empty($array['access']) && empty($account->access) &&
user_access('administer users')) {
      $array['access'] = time();
    }
?>

I don't understand the logic of the comment.  The same logic exists for
the create.  I'll do some more research.  My awe with the comment is;
why do I want to destroy the statistical data when I do an
administrative update just so someone I don't know can view the profile
if they even have permission to do so?  And the same doesn't happen if
the user registers himself.  My inclination is to just remove this
since I consider it silly but I'll do some more research.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/