[development] User last access

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat May 3 04:58:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008 16:13:51 -0700, "Neil Drumm" <drumm at delocalizedham.com> wrote:

> A couple options:
> * Make admin-created users get a access time bump, but not admin-edited

If it's determined to be a bug, that's probably the best solution for Drupal 5/6.

> * Remove the column overriding and make an is_active column or
> somesuch. Bonus points for merging with the status column.

Amen to making the status column more useful than just binary.  There's lots of other statuses a user could have.  (I have a use case where I want to admin create users that are visible to other users but can't log in; they represent former members of the organization that we need to be able to reference for historical data.)

Of course, then the question is whether it's better to:

A) Make status have a lot of different states with int/consts.
B) Make status a bitmask field (compact but harder to query).
C) Break status out into a series of is_foo fields (possibly a lot of needless data).

--Larry Garfield