[development] Journal: Track your changes.

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Sat May 3 18:51:49 UTC 2008

Hi friends,

Journal module will be enhanced to allow developers to manage a list of hacks and patches that have been applied to a Drupal site.  I'm posting this announcement to devel list, because I guess that many devs are concurrently working on multiple projects, and have created and/or applied various patches to these sites.

The goal is to track all customizations, so there is finally an answer to the question whether Drupal core and contributed modules can be updated easily when a new version is released.

d.o. issue: http://drupal.org/node/254303

To make this feature rock, I could imagine a project_issue and update(_status) module integration:

1) project_issue: Periodically query d.o with a list of issue numbers and update their status in Journal's patch list.

2) update(_status): Add a warning to a module's entry, if there's a patch recorded in Journal that is not of status 'fixed'.

Thus, I'd like to specifically ask the maintainers of project_issue and update(_status), whether these features would be supported by them.

Daniel