[development] Journal: Track your changes.

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Sat May 3 20:15:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Daniel F. Kudwien
<news at unleashedmind.com> wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
>  Journal module will be enhanced to allow developers to manage a list of hacks and patches that have been applied to a Drupal site.  I'm posting this announcement to devel list, because I guess that many devs are concurrently working on multiple projects, and have created and/or applied various patches to these sites.
>
>  The goal is to track all customizations, so there is finally an answer to the question whether Drupal core and contributed modules can be updated easily when a new version is released.
>
>  d.o. issue: http://drupal.org/node/254303
>

>  To make this feature rock, I could imagine a project_issue and update(_status) module integration:
>
>  1) project_issue: Periodically query d.o with a list of issue numbers and update their status in Journal's patch list.

I don't think you'd need integration with the project_issue module per
se, but you would need a way to get the status of certain issues.
There's already an issue in the pi queue to provide an XML-RPC
interface, but there's no patch.  I think this is something that would
be nice to have, however.  Short of that I think you'd just have to
scrape the screen for that information, but I don't suspect that would
be too difficult.

Adam Light