[development] Drupal will be 20% faster under PHP 5.3

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed May 7 19:24:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008 15:29:49 -0300, "Henrique Recidive" <recidive at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://news.php.net/php.internals/36484
>
> Also, since PHP 5.3 has namespaces feature, I wonder if this could
> help us improve registry, it will be possible to autoload namespaced
> functions.
>
> Henrique

I don't believe there is an autoloader for namespaced functions, just namespaced classes.  The namespace implementation will actually make it harder to have hybrid OOP/procedural systems, I believe, because you can't differentiate between a namespaced function and a static method.

I could be wrong, but that's the status of the namespace implementation the last I heard.

(That said, I'm excited about it too, in about 2 years.)

--Larry Garfield