[development] Say Hello To My Little Friend (or How To Abandon a Module)

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri May 9 20:20:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:

> Right.  Big -1 on this abandoned user hack.

I agree with you and catch that the releases for these projects should
also be marked as unsupported and/or unpublished in addition to giving
more UI to end users letting them know that it's unsupported.

But, there are two goals with this change:
1) A visual cue to the user.  This was an afterthought and not nearly
as important in the motivation for this "hack" as
2) Helping people who, at one point for reasons that made sense at
that time, have a project page assigned to them and no longer want to
have it assigned to them.  I think that we should let our maintainers
off the hook if they find themselves in that position.

I wanted to solve problem 2 and don't see how #99466 gets us there.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison