[development] OpenOffice.org

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at islandnet.com
Thu May 15 15:38:14 UTC 2008

> My interest  here is to see if there is interest in developing an
> OpenDocument  Format filter for Drupal or (better yet) some ways of
> integrating or  at least linking OOo to Drupal

These look like two distinct issues:

A. Importing OpenDocument to Drupal. See this relevant discussion:
http://groups.drupal.org/node/9929

B. Publishing directly from OOo to Drupal. Here we have on the Drupal side
two potential starting places I think.

1. The existing Blog API module in Drupal core. This would involve writing a
Blog API client extension in OpenOffice.

2. As suggested by others, the Services module (not part of Drupal core).
This would involve writing a Drupal Services client extension for
OpenOffice. Here there would be more potential for customization, but the
development would be tied to a contrib Drupal module's APIs.

Of the two, the Blog API seems to me the first option to look at. A key
advantage is that the extension would not need to be Drupal-specific.

Nedjo Rogers