[development] OpenOffice.org

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Thu May 15 16:01:11 UTC 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 11:07:59 Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Sharepoint's strong selling point is the ability to create documents
> in Word, Excel, ...etc. and publish them directly to the web.

In my experience, HTML generated by MS Office is absolutely horrid, full of
inline style declarations and other bad behavior. I suggest that one goal of
the OO/Drupal integration should be to take advantage of OO's much cleaner
HTML generating capabilities, or to do the conversion in a well-behaved way
at the Drupal end. "We make better HTML" won't sell to the end user, but it
will play well with the web services administrators.

I'm already committed on two other Open Source projects this summer, but I
wanted to lend my voice to those who agree that this is a Way Cool Idea, and
to thank Louis for contacting the Drupal community!

Kind regards,

Scott