[development] RFC: info hook standardization

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Mon May 19 07:43:42 UTC 2008

Great write-up, Larry, I wholeheartedly support your proposal.

On May 18, 2008, at 10:15 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> At that point we could investigate other subsystems that it would
> make sense to turn into info hooks.

For example, hook_variable_info() (or whatever we'd end up calling
it) to provide the defaults for every variable/setting exposed by a
given module.  This way, all the call sites for variable_get() don't
have to take a 2nd parameter for the default value to use if there's
nothing defined.

http://drupal.org/node/145164

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)