[development] Coding Standards / Hook_requirements

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon May 19 13:14:05 UTC 2008

I've just taken another quick run through the Coding standards because of a
module I looked at last night. The new module states right on its project
page that it requires PHP 5 (as more and more modules are doing). Yet, in
looking through the code, it does not include a hook_requirements. I propose
adding to the Coding Standards:

"Any module that has requirements over and above base Drupal standards (e.g.
PHP 5 vs. 4.3.5 for D6) must include a hook_requirements implementation to
verify and/or warn users of this requirement."

Unfortunately, I don't think Coder would be able to check this.

Nancy