[development] Slow down with the official releases of contribalready, ok? ; )

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu May 22 18:16:26 UTC 2008

dww wrote:
"I've noticed quite a few projects that seem to think the best time to
make a new official release is after every CVS commit.  While I'm
happy to see people actually making official releases, please don't
do this."

Well, I am one of the ones who likes to roll up several changes at once, so
I use -dev releases in between.

However, one thing that I've had several users tell me is that the big red
"X" scares them and they think a -dev release is poison. I figured it would
happen like this - and it has.

Perhaps a red background and a big red "X" are too scary and should be toned
down.