[development] Hit and run contrib

Gregory 'guardian' Pakosz guardian at pempek.net
Thu May 29 18:59:20 UTC 2008

David Reed wrote:
> how about a simple rating system for for contrib modules

There is http://drupalmodules.com/

However, last time it was discussed on the #drupal irc channel
objections were that the modules are rated by joe user and not by an
inner circle of experienced drupalers

That said, it looks like a huge task to have proper reviews with all the
modules out there

Also, a module which is so far badly coded or not as state of the art as
it could be can be refactored and improved patch after patch. To me, the
multiplication of "we all do the same but better(tm)" modules is more of
a problem by far

cheers,