[development] How Trellon gave back to Drupal (May 2008)

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri May 30 19:24:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 12:29:31 -0400
"Ken Rickard" <agentrickard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also useful would be "How shop X is planning to contribute next
> month" -- if possible.  On whichever list people prefer.
>
> That might lead to more cooperation.

On Fri, 30 May 2008 10:50:52 -0700
Jason Flatt <drupal at oadaeh.net> wrote:

> On Fri May 30 2008 9:24:26 am Dries Buytaert wrote:
> > Personally, I think that these posts are useful.  It has a lot
> > less noise than many of the other mails.  If you don't like it,
> > it only takes 2 second to skip the e-mail ... ?

> Well, at this point, a few minutes wading through and removing all
> the opinion posts. Of course, if I really wasn't interested, only
> a few more seconds ignoring and deleting all of them.

I agree with both.
What I've found useful was the effort put in the description. It
helps to see if it is something you could be interested into.
Even proposals would be very helpful and help consolidation.

While I agree that Planet would be a more suitable place for such
announcements I'd say that dev ml doesn't have such an high traffic
to justify another ml for such announcements that are still valuable.

If that kind of announcements will grow in number it will be both a
good sign and a sign they have to move elsewhere.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

--